The address for Capel Jerusalem and Jerusalem Vestry Suite is:
Llanegryn Street, Abergynolwyn, Gwynedd LL36 9YE
The chapel is on the edge of the small, friendly village of Abergynolwyn, in southern Snowdonia. Surrounded by mountains, forests, rivers and waterfalls, the area is the perfect place to relax, unwind, exercise and enjoy some stunning countryside. The long, sandy beach at Tywyn is just a 15 minute drive away and the pretty harbour town of Aberdovey is a couple of miles along the coast from Tywyn.
Attractions, in the area, include:
1) Talyllyn Railway: Historic, preserved, narrow-gauge steam railway which runs from Abergynolwyn to the coast.
2) Nant Gwernol forest: Walk from the village, up into the forest, with its beautiful waterfalls and a great choice of marked trails. The Talyllyn line terminates here, so if you time it well you'll get some photo opportunities as the steam train is turned round to make its return journey to Tywyn (allow about 20 minutes to get to Nant Gwernol station).
3) Dolgoch Falls: Beautiful waterfall, just a short drive (on the way to Tywyn). There's a great tea room, for a cream tea, after your walk.
4) Beaches. The nearest beach is at Tywyn and there's a breakwater, making it popular for swimming. It's possible to walk all the way to Aberdovey (approx. 4 miles) along the wide sandy beach. Aberdovey has a good choice of cafes, pubs, ice cream and fish & chips and is well worth a visit. Another wide, sandy beach can be found at Barmouth. This is more of a traditional seaside resort, with bumper cars, donkey rides and candy floss.
5) Corris Craft Centre: Drive through Corris towards Machynlleth and you'll come to Corris Craft Centre, which has a nice selection of craft shops, gin distillery and café. It's also home to King Arthur's Labyrinth an Corris Mine Explorers (all great options for a rainy day).
6) King Arthur's Labyrinth: An underground adventure, on foot and by boat, through tunnels and caverns to discover tales of dragons and legends.
7) Corris Mine Explorers: An opportunity to explore the caverns, chambers and tunnels of a disused Welsh slate mine (min age 8).